Monday, August 18, 2008

First haircut

Well, I don't know what came over me today, but while I sat by Reed who was having a snack, running my fingers through his baby mullet, I decided we should go get his hair cut. Actually, I think it had something to do with him being called a girl numerous times last week. Usually that doesn't bother me much, but for some reason, the frequency of him being called a girl last week, got under my skin a little. I'd been hesitant to have his hair cut because he's still got his newborn hair. I just couldn't bring myself to let that get cut off! I'm still kind of surprised with myself. Gerry had taken the day off today, so all three of us went along for the momentous occasion! Reed did really well, except he absolutely didn't want to have a cape around him (you can tell in this picture). As a result, he got pretty hairy, but there are worse things!

Part way finished with cutting his hair. I thought this was just a funny picture!

And the finished product. He looks like such a big boy now!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he looks like such a big boy -- I was good not to say anything, like was he growing out his hair to be like "Daddy" ;)

Love Grandma Lisa

Grandpa Steve agrees the second picture was quite a funny look!

Luke said...

Salon! SSAAALON! What a fabulous look for him. I'm proud of you! Now if I could just get Audrey to take Evie in again...

The last time I sat at the cpu, Evie climbed n my lap and said "Reed!" I asked her if she wanted to see pictures of Reed, and she looked at me and said "Reed, mower" She had seen the picture of him and his mower the day before and wanted to see it again, so of course I had to oblige her.