Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday boy!

Three years old! Wow! I'm amazed that my little boy is three years old, and even more amazed at the person he is!!

We celebrated Reed's birthday yesterday by having some of his friends over to play in the morning. I tried to take some pictures, but honestly, it was a little chaotic, so I didn't get anything that was blog worthy. We had a bustling house full of moms and dads and kids and it was SO much fun! Reed seemed to especially enjoy playing "moons" with his friend T. They'd go into Reed's room with the lights off and curtains closed, then shine flashlights on the ceiling, and say "Moon!" :) Later, T and Reed both put on their mei tais and carried around dolls/stuffed animals. I can't tell you how much I wish I'd gotten a good picture of the two of them babywearing! So cute!

G had baked a cake during naptime and in an effort to cool it faster so we could frost it, he put the cake pan on ice. I can not recommend this as a good way to cool a cake, but it happens to be an excellent way to break a pyrex baking dish! Oops! We were a little worried because Reed had wanted to help make the cake and we were concerned he might be upset about buying a cake, but he was totally fine with it.

We took Reed out to his favorite restaurant for dinner, the rice and beans restaurant (most of you probably call this a Mexican restaurant, but not Reed!)

And then we came back home for presents!

And cake! Licking the frosting off the candle, one of the great birthday traditions.

I love how deliberate Reed is being about eating his cake here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! See you all in just one week..

Love Grandma Lisa