Tuesday, January 08, 2008

And our New Year's

We spent a wonderful few days over New Year’s in Pacific Beach with our friends Dave and Sarah, and their son Robbie. The three of them are currently living in Tokyo, and prior to that, lived in San Francisco so we don’t get to see them all that often, and cherish every opportunity that we do! (BTW, I owe a thank you to Dave for sharing their pics with us so quickly, as our camera was on the blink for most of the trip.)

We did a lot of walking on the beach and the weather was fairly cooperative. At least it didn't rain! It was fairly windy, and it turns out that Reed is just like his mommy when it comes to wind, he doesn't like it one bit!

Reed's first walk on the beach!

It was really fun watching Robbie and Reed play together. Robbie is 4 months older than Reed, so in some ways, every time we see him, we get a sneak peak at Reed's future. Here the boys are having a drum circle!

Reed and Robbie are definitely distinct individuals. Both boys are very sweet, but where Robbie is gregarious and independent (here Robbie gives Reed a hug), Reed, at least initially, is quite shy and prefers to stay close to me. It took Reed the better part of the 4 day trip to decide that he could play on his own without needing mommy quite so intensely. It's okay though, I wouldn't trade my little snuggler for anything (although I do sometimes miss going to the bathroom alone...)

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Perhaps the only down side, is that I was reminded of how much I really love these friends and now miss them more than I did before.

6 comments:

Luke said...

Drum Circle? I can see the hippie lessons from "The Incident" this summer have taken root!

Luke said...

BTW- I changed the settings on my blog so you can comment on it now if you wish

Anonymous said...

AWW!!! We miss you guys too!!! Tokyo would be a million times more fun if you guys were here! Miss you three! We also had a blast over new years. Always good to spend time with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Cammy, even outgoing little boys like to accompany mommy to the bathroom!

Courtney said...

I'm so jealous! I was going to buy that exact rain jacket, but REI was out of medium, and I didn't like the other colours. The one I bought when I was home crapped out on me during a 5-hour hike in a torrential, windy downpour in Ballycotton.

I miss you guys!!

positivelystephie said...

what a great job you do keeping up this blog! reed is getting cuter and cuter of course! i love the videos too! what an awesome laugh!
i can't wait to see you guys this summer!!
much love and peace to you (from germany)!!
stephie