Monday, June 09, 2008

Sixth generation Washingtonian

Reed and I have been getting a little stir crazy with this rainy grey weather. Last week, I'd had enough of staying inside so we got on our coats, and I put Reed's new galoshes on him, and out we went. I wasn't too sure this would work because the last time I tried to have him wear the galoshes, he cried and refused to walk anywhere, but he seems to have warmed up to them now.

And just like the true, sixth generation Washingtonian that he is, he was even willing to mow the lawn in the rain. He even looks excited about it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Robbie loves his wellies (wellingtons - there are a lot of Brits at his school). We actually had to buy another pair in a larger size. Good thing they have some cheapy ones at the japanese babies r us. Hope you guys get some nice weather soon. We are having Rainy Season. It pretty much rains everyday, though not necessarily all day. See you guys in a little over a month!

Luke said...

Evelyn loves her ladybug boots. She creis when I take them off in the house. Kids!

Anonymous said...

Looks like he is signing 'go potty' in the first one. Going out in the cold and damp has the same effect on me. I love the happy look on his face in both pictures. That's my northwest grandson!

Grandma Mills

Anonymous said...

Reed just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Lucky Grandpa Steve will get to squeeze him in late July - I have to wait until Baby Bun comes ;(

Glad he enjoys the NW rain --- our rainy season is just starting to fire up (literally - there were close to 9,000 lighting strikes a few days ago during an afternoon thunderstorm). Need more than rain boots here!

love, Grandma Lisa