Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Avast ye matie!

Reed got ahold of a marker and styled himself a pirate mustache and goatee... or at least that's what I thought he looked like! I thought it was appropriate that he happened to be wearing his Mariners hoodie.

Reed is definitely a people watcher. I imagine that this is a fairly typical and important behavior for kids this age, but it can make for a long dinner when we go out! Reed spends most of his time at restaurants turned around in his high chair watching other people. We were at the park a few days ago, and after watching a 4ish year old for a a long time, Reed suddenly came over, grabbed my hand, and led me to the slide. I'd tried to get him to play on the slide in the past, but he wasn't interested. After seeing somebody else do it though, he decided it looked like fun. It was neat to realize he'd been learning while watching the other boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or perhaps it is his attempt to be like his daddy already--instead of pretend shaving he's "growing" a beard.