Sunday, November 16, 2008

All smiles

Well, I thought I may have seen a smile two days ago, but yesterday, I was sure, Spring is smiling!! We've gotten lots of dreamy smiles already, but yesterday she was nursing, and pulled away and gave me several great big, wide awake smiles! It melted my heart!!! And to go with the smiles yesterday, I got a couple of cooing noises. So exciting! :-)

And, I've been able to get Spring to sleep in a co-sleeper for at least part of the night for the past few nights. It's taken me a while to figure out how to get her to sleep since it's different from how Reed would go to sleep, but I think we're finally making progress. I thought we might be heading toward having a colicky baby since for several nights in a row, she would cry for at least an hour, usually more, before bed time. We've learned that she really needs to be close during that time, so I put her in my wrap, and she's a whole different baby. She still cries a bit, but nothing compared to the nerve-wracking hours of crying we had before.

And a fun Reed story. Reed and Gerry were playing in Reed's room a few days ago, and Gerry was pretending to sleep in the rocking chair. I gave Reed a mischievous suggestions, something like, why don't you go tickle Daddy while he's sleeping. But even with that suggestion, what does Reed do? He gets blankets to cover Daddy up!! He really likes taking care of people and things right now. He's been trying to nurse his animals (or minimohs as he calls them) and yesterday, he tried to put on the wrap to carry around his dinosaurs! He's such a sweet little boy!!!
This picture of Reed is unrelated to my post. He's showing what a messy snack freeze-dried blueberries can be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring is growing! I can't wait to see a picture of a smile.
Love and miss all of you...
Big Hug and Kisses.

Grandma Lisa

Momma said...

I feel like I'm missing everything!! Just kidding! I do miss Reed though, a lot.

Hey Gerry, I know the pretend to nap trick while you are supposed to be playing. You aint fooling me!!

Only a month or so before Spring's best girlfriend arrives!!!