Friday, November 28, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

This is a busy time of year anyway, but with three family birthdays, Halloween and Thanksgiving in the space of 6 weeks, it's an especially busy time in our household. I joked with Gerry that I was pretty sure that from now on, my birthday (the last of the family birthdays) would be on the brink of being forgotten! It's just hard to get excited to plan one more celebration when we've already had the two most important birthdays in our family just weeks before!! :-)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had my parents and later in the evening, my brother over and were also able to share the day with our good friends Dave and Emily. Gerry and Dave went out in the Zodiac and caught six crab which we cooked up for dinner in addition to the regular Thanksgiving turkey feast! Emily and Dave are expecting, so it was fun for Gerry and Dave to get some guy time, while Emily, my mom and I had a great time talking pregnancy and babies.

Reed has finally gotten to the age where he likes showing off for people! He spent much of the day yesterday leading Emily and Dave around the house to show them various household attractions, but especially his car bed!

Spring is cooing and smiling more and more! I LOVE it!! We're still getting her bed time needs figured out. For example, last night was fairly teary, but tonight, no tears at all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Grandkids are PERFECT!! Spring is growing with every picture and Reed is such a good big brother.

Much Love to ALL

Grandma Lisa

Momma said...

I feel you on the bussyness of massive birthday and holiday celebration! We just got through our Four birthdays in 6 weeks plus two Holiday countdown. Angelo was the last birthday and he was particularily bothered that Reed was not at his party. I am sorry to say that it didn't even occur to me. I guess Ang misses his little 'monster baby' game partner more then we realized!!

Glad you are all well...kiss the noses and the toeses!!

We are getting closer!

Love Miss Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Gerry, What happened, you never looked this way at the Young Republication Convetion last Auguest.

G.W.Bush

dailyshower said...

what's up cammy? it's jeremy..
hope your holidays are going well.
hope to hear from you soon....
myspace/dailyshower