Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I love it when it goes like this

Last night, I was really ready for the kids to go to bed. It had been a long day (not a bad day, just long) and I was running low on patience and energy by evening. This evening was completely different. Gerry made a tasty dinner, then Reed started asking for bath time, but it was way too early for bath so I told him he could play. He was being a rambunctious two year old and after asking him not to throw his slinky several times, he started throwing other toys. I told him, "It looks like you really want to throw some toys, let's go outside and play with a frisbee," and Reed was excited about it! I always feel so good when I come up with a good solution like that. Anyway, Reed and Spring and I all went outside and played with the frisbee. Then we blew bubbles and Reed thought it was really fun to take turns popping the bubbles with Spring. That made my day because we're definitely struggling with the sharing concept right now so if we could get good about taking turns, that would be good progress. Then we had a fun bath time, and Spring practically passed out after stories. I wish all evenings were this good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cammy, YOU are such a wonderful mother - always coming up with positive solutions! My grandkids are so LUCKY to have YOU for their MOM!!

Love Lisa