Saturday, July 25, 2009

Big brother

It's fun watching Reed be a big brother. Of course, not all of the sibling interactions are positive. Two recent incidents come to mind. A few weeks ago, I heard Spring fussing and came around a corner to see Reed, sitting on her back, Spring splayed on the floor (a failed attempt at a pony ride days before left him trying to ride a lot of things for the next few days). And just a few days ago, I left them alone together for a moment only to hear Spring cry. When I came back, I asked Reed what happened and he told me that he bonked her head with his guitar. At least he's honest right?

But yesterday, we had two fantastic brother moments. We were getting ready to go to the grocery store and Reed decided that he wanted to bring Elmo, so he ran off to his room to get him. When he returned, he had Elmo and Teddy (another very special toy). He put Teddy beside Spring and announced that she could play with him. So sweet!! Then later, Spring had a mysterious bout of vomiting. I was taking her temperature and she was NOT happy about it. She was trying to pull the thermometer out from under her arm and I was desperately looking around for something to occupy her hand when Reed appeared at the bedroom door and asked "You need some help?" Yes! I asked him to go get a toy for Spring and he did just that. Such a good helper!

1 comment:

Christel said...

Ahhhh! What a sweet little boy!!!