Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie monsters

Reed, Spring and I made cookies last week. Yum! At first, I thought it would really just be Reed and I and that Spring would just play, but I should have known better. My little girl has always got to be in the mix! So, for a while, we were all at the counter; Reed on his step ladder, Spring standing on a chair with me constantly holding her with one hand, and me trying to make cookies with the other hand (and constantly worrying that Spring was going to fall). Needless to say, it was not a good arrangement!

So we moved the cookie making operation to the floor! For a little bit, I let them both stir, but then I noticed Spring using her spoon to dump sugar and flour on the floor. I figured that would fix itself once we added the wet ingredients, but nope, then she just started putting globs of dough on the floor!











So Spring got to have her own bowl. She wasn't interested in it till I put a half inch of water in the bottom, but I figured water is easier to clean up than dough!

These were white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. We made a few chocolate and nut free ones for Spring, but she was not impressed. Her eating habits and Reed's eating habits are almost complete opposites. For example, one recent evening we had flank steak, homemade sweet potato fries and green salad for dinner. Spring ate sweet potato fries and tomatoes from the salad, Reed ate meat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl ... she knows what's fun!

Yum, cookies...

Grandma Lisa

Claire said...

Cooking is such a fun and engaging thing for kids! Nathan likes to help me measure and has learned to count to 5 by adding Tablespoons and stuff. I LOVE cooking with him. Looks like your kids love it too.