Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tall ships

We went to Farmer's Market this morning and were surprised to see that the tall ships were in town! What a fun surprise!!


We thought Reed would be pretty excited about the boats, but just the opposite, he was scared about going on the boats. I usually try to respect the boundaries that my kids draw for themselves, but I quickly realized this was not one I was okay with. Neither Gerry or I were willing to miss out on seeing the boats so we told Reed he had to go. He did okay, though he was constantly asking if we could get off the boat.
Spring seemed to have fun, though she looks a little skeptical in this picture!

Reed is listening to a big conch shell to see if he can hear the ocean.



No, this picture isn't sideways, Spring is leaning down to try to hear the ocean in the same shell!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post. Pushing the comfort zone is sometimes part of teaching what is safe. And this was certainly safe. I am sure there will be other times when you balance respect for feelings with accomodating others interests. Glad you all went aboard.

My guess is that it will remain memorable and be more fun next time. Reed was very serious on "trolley trolley" the first time, and became a tour guide for Grandpa the second time.

Grandma Mary Lou