Wednesday, August 04, 2010

June catch up

Thought I'd post a few more pictures from June before I start posting our July pictures!
Just a cute picture of Gerry and Spring dancing together! :)
Before Father's Day came, I started asking Reed what he wanted to get for Daddy. He told me he wanted a to get him a train. As Father's Day approached, Reed told me more and more about the train we were going to get for Daddy. Finally, Father's Day came, and Reed insisted that we get the train out of the garage. Now, we have a model train that we keep in the garage, but neither G or I knew that Reed knew it was there and we'd never gotten it out to play with it before so we were little surprised when we learned that the train Reed was talking about was not an imaginary train we were going to give Daddy! So we got the train out and Reed LOVED it! It actually wound up being a pretty good Father's Day present too because it kept Reed so distracted that G and I actually had some time to talk (Spring was playing indepently the way she often does).
We went to our town's annual Fa.thoms of F.un festival and there were pony rides there! On Friday evening we went to hear Dea.dwood Re.vival and on Saturday we went to farmer's market, both of which were adjacent to the festival. Friday night, Reed got a pony ride and Spring seemed to want one too, right up until the moment I was about to put her on the pony. So Reed got a ride and Spring and I walked beside the pony. She got pretty sad when we left and I told her that she could have a ride the next day. That whole evening, she kept talking about "horse". I told her more about the pony ride the next day, and every time I asked her if she wanted to ride, she vigorously nodded "yes" so I thought she just might do it. We got there and once again, she really wanted a ride right up until the point that I was about to put her on the pony! I had to smile because I distinctly remember being a kid and loving horses, but being a little afraid too.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! More Pictures!! Need MORE!

Miss all of you terribly ;(

Love Grandma Lisa