Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Roly poly

Sure, Spring is a bit chunkier than Reed (who was super skinny), but the roly poly in the title does not refer to her weight, but to the fact that she rolled over for the first time on Sunday! Not just once, oh no. She wanted to show us that she really knew what she was doing so 4 times in a row, she rolled from her front to her back! She's only 7 weeks old!! I knew it was a bit early, but I looked it up in a baby book and they don't expect babies to roll over till they're 6 months old (though I suspect most babies may do this sooner). Sheesh, I guess children with older siblings really do hit their milestones quicker!

As luck would have it, Spring had just had a bath (her first bath where she didn't cry which I was thinking was a pretty big milestone in and of itself) and I had told Gerry to get the camera so we could take pictures of her cute naked bum. When I put her on the floor for pictures, she rolled over, so we actually have pictures of her rolling over for the first time! How cool is that!?

It started with a look of fierce determination.

Then she got onto her side.

Then on her back. It might be a little hard to tell the way I cropped the pictures, but I really try to keep my children's future modesty in mind when posting for all the world to see so you'll just have to believe me. It was hard to resist helping her, but she did it all on her own!!
And what has Reed been up to? He's cutting three teeth right now, two molars and I think he's finally getting his last eye tooth. He's doing amazingly well considering he must be pretty uncomfortable. Yesterday we had some fun carrying our babies in our wraps. Reed knows that when Spring cries, I put her in a wrap and walk around with her. Often when Spring gets fussy, Reed will say "baby wrap" and "mommy, walk around". Reed wanted to put wear teddy in one of the wraps, then insisted that we both walk around!

5 comments:

Luke said...

Sounds like you have a real firecracker on your hands! That is so great!

Audrey went with Evie to see Santa here, but no lap sitting. She just told me, big man go up stairs. Santa had to climb a few stairs to get on stage apparently.

I understand not wanting to sit on some strangers lap especially in an outfit like that!!

I love the teddy in the wrap that is adorable.

Hope you all are having a great holidays. Promise to update my blog soon!

Anonymous said...

Yep...she's a genious!! Must run in the family!!

Jeanette

Anonymous said...

In the middle picture, it looks like she uses her tongue for the tough tasks just like her Grandpa Mills. Thanks for the warning that we have to keep a hand on her on the changing table - - not that we would do otherwise anyway.

love ya
Grandma Mills

Anonymous said...

Spring is getting cuter with every picture --- and she definately has a mind and will of her own!

Reed is SUCH a good big brother!

Love Grandma Lisa

Momma said...

Hey guys Colin here just saying thankyou so much for sharing our wonderful experience!
Gerry-Totally!!! Man there is absolutley nothing better than actually delivering your child into this world, nothing in my life so far can compare to that feeling! It was so natural and it just felt like it was the way it was supposed to be! Thankyou guys, hope you and your kids are all healthy and well for the holidays! and thanks for the motivation and advice you gave me at QFC Gerry!