Monday, December 15, 2008

sNOw

I was excited to take Reed out in the snow this year. I figured he'd be old enough now to actually enjoy it a bit, but I was wrong. Here's how it went...

Me: "Reed do you want to go play in the snow?
Reed: "No"
Me: "Are you sure?"
Reed: "No, no, no, no, noooo!"

After much convincing, we get outside...

Me: "Do you want to walk in the snow?"
Reed: "No"
Me: "Do you want to touch in the snow?"
Reed: "No"
Me: "Look, mommy eats the snow, do you want to eat the snow?"
Reed: "No"

Okay, I'm seeing that the snow is not a hit. I figure I'll cut my losses and we'll go inside and make some hot cocoa. So Reed helps me make the hot cocoa, and he seems pretty excited about it until...

Me: "Reed, do you want to drink your cocoa?"
Reed: "No, no, no, no, noooooo!"

LOL! Maybe next year all this stuff will be more enjoyable! He did eventually drink some of the cocoa and once he tried it, he seemed to enjoy it. :-)

We also got a Christmas tree this weekend. We didn't even get poor Spring out of the car because it was just too cold. Usually we like to hike around and find the best tree, but this year, we scouted our tree from the car.

Reed helped decorate the tree. That dense patch of ornaments is his contribution. So far, our ornament death toll is four. One broken in storage, one broken by me, and two broken by Reed. I'm thinking that's not too bad for our first todler Christmas!

And can I say how much I love digital cameras? Spring was smiling and cooing at me and I took 26 pictures trying to catch a smile (of course she stopped smiling once I got the camera). That's an entire roll of film! Here's the best of the batch.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the TWO's -- NO NO NO NO. Spring is growing so much - she's absolutely beautiful.

Love Grandma Lisa

David Kirkbride said...

LOL, yeah, I heard that Robert was the same way today when Sarah tried to get him out the door to the Children's hall. Come to think of it he also had nothing but "No" to say to me when I asked him whether he wanted to have a cookie. Obviously the boy's confused. Anyhow, it ought to be great fun when we get the boys together next month so that they can learn to say "no" in chorus.

Anonymous said...

Robbie even has a No! game we play. I say, "Yes!", then he says, "No!". And then we repeat them as fast as we can say them and laugh.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. I remember it well - - not just the no, no, no's. I also recall some extremely well decorated corners of the Christmas trees. And since you have two kids, you can look forward to at least one more tree decorated the same way - - except you (and Spring) will have a four-year-old critic to deal with next time!

love ya
Umee - - granma mills

Anonymous said...

Both Sam and Sarah had the same response to snow when they were wee folk. This too will pass....then on to the next faze both good and bad, as it is for all of us, regardless of age, in the grand adventure called life.

we really do hpe to see you guys soon!

l & s