Saturday, May 23, 2009

Going mobile

Spring crawled across the living room floor this evening! She got up on her hands and knees, and I started to tell Gerry how yesterday she had taken a couple of crawling "steps" when she proceeded to demonstrate just how far she could actually go!! And what was so worthy of crawling all that way? Brother's ball of course! Reed was not thrilled with Spring playing with it, but we convinced him that we should let her keep it since she had crawled for the first time ever, just to get it! The thing that made me laugh is that some college friends of ours keep a blog about their kids who are about the same ages and Reed and Spring and they recently made a post about their kids' difficulty in sharing the exact same type of ball!

And in other Spring development news, she can also get herself from lying down to sitting up. And she wants to pull herself up to standing whenever she can. And Reed development, he's finally getting mine and yours figured out as well as me and you, though the word "I" still seems to be problematic. He usually says "my" instead of "I".

And now, photo highlights from the last few weeks.

Reed tried to bring me a flower, but shook it a bit too much. I actually got a picture as the flower was falling.
Fortunately, Daddy went and cut another flower for Reed to bring to me!

Long time blog readers will remember that last summer, I ruined one of the great joys of childhood for Reed, running through the sprinkler. If you did not read that particular post, it's pretty funny and worth a read if I do say so myself. Anyway, you'll all be happy to know, that this year, we got the sprinkler set up, free of incident and Reed loved it!

Spring was happy to hang out with her Daddy and I and observe Reed going through the sprinkler.

Reed needed to walk around with his bear (the bear's name is Cheesy Grilled Bear, so named because he often likes to make a dish of the same name with the bear). We put it in his mei tai and we carried his bear around wearing nothing else but his diaper. Part of what I love about this picture is the look on Spring's face. She always watches Reed so intently!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Beatles shirt looks familiar... hmmm? I say.

- Phil

Anonymous said...

Happy Memorial Day! I'm sending a BIG HUG for my precious grandkids!

We're in Biloxi MS with "the girls" - they like going on vacation as much as we do!

Love MOM

David Kirkbride said...

How Interesting! GMTA I suppose? I was also thinking that the Beatles shirt looked familiar...

great pictures, keep them coming!