Monday, March 15, 2010

Florida

We were really fortunate to get to go visit Gerry's parents in Florida again in February. As per their usual, the kids were amazing on the plane ride down. I always get a little tense about traveling with them, and they never fail to impress me! Gerry definitely had the more challenging role in the trip down. I thought the ever-wiggly miss Spring would be tough, but as it turned out, holding the hyper-because-he-didn't-nap, wrestling Reed was much harder.

We spent a lot of time at the beach, despite the fact that the weather wasn't all that warm (mid-50s). Thank goodness we brought our warm winter coats!!
Spring took off walking down the beach this day. She just kept going and showed no sign of stopping, so eventually, I had to pick her up and bring her back to the rest of the family. I kind of wonder how far she would have gone, but I'm pretty sure she only would have stopped when she got tired, and I thought my arms might get tired carrying her back.

It was hard to keep Reed from throwing the sand. Fortunately nobody got any sand in their eyes!
More beach fun.
Spring got Grandpa's shoes on and even managed to walk a little in them. She was SO proud of herself!
This could have been the highlight of the trip for Reed. Gerry's aunt's girlfriend brought over a train set and an engineer's hat for Reed. He LOVED it! There were all kinds of buttons that made train noises and a really loud horn that he would honk for minutes on end! Needless to say, the house got a little noisier after the arrival of the train, but all the smiles made it worth it.
Our last full day there, it warmed up a little (70 degrees I think). It was enough that we could be without our coats, so Steve and the kids and I headed back to the beach. This was a gorgeous day and there were even dolphins playing out in the waves!
Dig, dig, dig!
And dig a little more.
It was so much fun for me to get to watch my kids get to play with their grandparents! Both Reed and Spring loved digging on the beach with Grandpa and playing games like "jump on a stump" with Grandpa in the yard at home. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love to SMILE this much first thing in the morning... I LOVE MY FAMILY!

Grandma Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. We weren't there but we get to enjoy a little of it too. Grandma Mary Lou

Marcia Z said...

Love the great photos. It looks like the littles had fun. I'm sure you and Gerry had a great time too, but no photo evidence. Isn't that funny how we (usually) stop taking pics of ourselves?

I also *love* that the first two commentors are both grandmas! Hugs to Lisa & Mary Lou!