Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gerry, Reed and I headed over the river and through the woods (okay, over the Narrows bridge and through Tacoma) to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. Gerry and I have hosted for the past few years. I didn't realize quite how much work I was anticipating with hosting again, until my mom offered to host and a wave of relief washed over me. Thanks mom!!

We had a marvelous dinner, and Reed even got to have some mashed potatoes with butter as dairy is his new food for the week. Speaking of Reed and eating, he is finally back to enjoying one of life's simple pleasures, eating, which is nice. He stopped letting us feed him when he decided that all we gave him was food that tasted like metal (a result of briefly putting gross formula into his food to try to boost the calorie and protein content; one of our dietician's "brilliant" ideas). Anyway, it took him a few weeks to figure out that we weren't trying to poison him anymore. That and the addition of his new favorite food, saltine crackers.

And a few milestones, Reed has sprouted a top tooth and is standing, unsupported more and more often and for longer periods of time. He now stands for several seconds or as I discovered yesterday, long enough for me to take 4 digital pictures. He has also taken a few lunging steps on two occasions. I haven't seen him accomplish this yet, but I know I will soon!

3 comments:

Luke said...

YAY Reed! Way to go. Good to hear you are able to give him more stuff.

We are going through similar stuff with Evelyn trying to boost calories. Butter, Cream, Flax Seed oil, Olive Oil, Tahini, Peanut Butter, cheese.

I do get worried when she eats like a bird, but I have accepted that we cannot force feed her. I am trying to screen out what all the 'professionals" are telling us at this point. Kids are going to eat what they want to and how much they want to.

I talked to my neighbor and she said her buis. partners kids had similar issues. Their first one ate, and still does eat, like a bird. The second is like a vacuum cleaner.

Kids are just different and we as parents try and give them healthy choices but realistically we only have some much control over them. It's hard for me not to worry about it, but I am trying really hard.

It's so great to see little ones happy and starting to wobble around. That's the good stuff.

Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving, love you guys!

B-fly said...

Hi Cammy and Gerry. You're little guy is oh so cute!! All the pictures are absolutely adorable. I'm so glad I get to keep up with your family through your blog page.

Cammy, I seem to have lost your email. Could you send it to me? betherfly22@gmail.com

Have a great holiday season!

hugs,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I LOVE THE Picture of Reed standing - He has grown up so much since we moved! To say I miss him would be a big understatement. Thank you so much for keeping up this blog. Even though I talk to you often, its nice when I need a "Reed" fix, I can just click!