Sunday, March 08, 2009

I can't believe

I forgot to share about my two favorite plane moments from our trip to Florida!

We flew down there on Valentine's Day. We were well into our second flight, Spring asleep in my lap, and Reed asleep in Gerry's lap, when I nudged Gerry and said quietly, "Happy Valentine's Day". Gerry started laughing! In all the stress of traveling with the kiddos, Valentine's Day had been the last thing on our minds! I lamented that we had not left our mp3 players out since neither Gerry nor I could get into our bags to get them. So Gerry began to sing to me :-) I joined in and it was way better than listening to mp3s. Honestly, I think it has to be one of my sweetest Valentine's Day memories ever!!

My other favorite moment occured on our trip home. We were about to begin the second flight of our journey. I had just changed Spring's diaper and returned to our seats to find Reed at the plane window yelling something with a lot of excitement. I couldn't quite understand what Reed was saying so I gave Gerry a questioning look. Gerry said, "holy crab." As we had been landing in Dallas, Gerry had spotted a huge mega-church with a seven story parking garage out the plane window and had exclaimed "holy crap!" Now, Reed was giving us his best imitation of Gerry, only Reed, fortunately, saying the more polite, "holy crab!" LOL!

2 comments:

Katharine said...

Isn't traveling with little kids fun? ;) I'm already mentally preparing to fly with the boys alone across the country this summer... hopefully they will sleep since it's the red-eye!

David Kirkbride said...

Robbie says "oh God" or "oh Gods," pretty funny really.