Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring's first food

Well, I was going to wait until she was six months old to introduce foods to Spring, but it just so happens, that she got her first taste of solid food today. Was it mashed bananas as I had planned? No. Was it what I gave Reed when he first had solid food, rice cereal? No. It was a sunbutter and raspberry jam sandwich on whole wheat bread... It was supposed to be for Reed!

We went to a playdate today and I had packed a sandwich for Reed. It was a VERY busy playdate. I had Spring in my lap, the sandwich in my hand, and Reed was in Grandma's lap right next to me. Spring started to wiggle and leaned to try to bite the sandwich and without thinking, I put it in her mouth!! My mom pointed out what I was doing and I immediately took it away, but as long as she could see the sandwich, she had her eyes locked on it. I just lost track of which child I had in my lap for a moment and thought I was feeding Reed a bite. Oops! Thank goodness she hasn't had any allergy issues so far!! In a couple more weeks, we'll give the mashed bananas a try! :-)
Reed has really been getting into is role as a big brother lately. He plays with Spring as he's doing here, he gives toys to her and even helps with her evening massage. Spring absolutely LOVES watching him and laughs at him all the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little girl is HUNGRY -- FEED HER!
She is growing with every picture, and Reed is, what can I say, PERFECT!

Love Grandma Lisa