Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Forgot to add...

I forgot to mention my favorite part of our trip to the pumpkin patch!

Lately, when we see pumpkins (and some other food items) at the store, Spring signs "no eat". Actually, her longest sentence to date was such an incident. She pointed to some onions, which I then told here were onions and while she pointed at the onions she signed "no eat daddy". In effect, telling me, "Daddy says don't eat the onions". It made me laugh because at the time, we had repeatedly caught her in the garden, munching onion tops and Gerry had been telling her not to eat them! Have I mentioned Spring LOVES picking and eating food?

Anyway, back to the pumpkin patch story. At the grocery store, she had signed "no eat" for pumpkins and I had told her that we could eat pumpkins, but I failed to mention that the pumpkins should be cooked first! So as soon as her pumpkin was off the vine, and in her hands, she lunged for it, mouth agape, prepared to take a bite!! Poor thing, all she got was a mouthful of dirt, but it was still pretty funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing HARD ... That's my Spring!

Love Grandma Lisa