Friday, November 17, 2006

Bleary eyed and teary eyed... good to be home.

Well Reed did a great job last night being a week old baby. About 2 am, he was wide awake and sqeaky... when he wasn't fussing, usually right about the time we all fell asleep, the nurse would stop by and check him and us out... that'll be once nice thing about tonight at least... no nurses.

We're back home, and loving it. I cooked up a big dinner tonight to celebrate a non-hospital food meal, and Reed seems to be adjusting well to home life. Both kitties seem more upset at us for leaving them for a week, than by Reed, so that's a good thing. Arlo has been really cute, cheek rubbing Reed, and laying next to us... until Reed throws a fit... then its 'puffy tail' as far away as he can get. Edison is a bit more guarded, but seems to be tolerating him well enough.

I also got around to reading some e-mails, and we're so lucky to have such great friends and family. You guys are great. I'll try to put up some more pictures in the next day or so, but right now we're just looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing in the next few days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home to all of you. I am restraining myself for a little while and not calling, although I feel like I am in Reed-withdrawl. The song that comes to mind goes "sleep my child and peace attend thee" although I know it will not be "all through the night" for a while. Enjoy - all my love - - Grandma Mills

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BABY PICTURES!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gerry and Cammy... cherish each moment with them as you have no idea how soon he will be out on their own... Alan

Marcia Z said...

A little holiday update would be nice. :) I hope you're having a blast with the whole family.

Miss you and hope to see you soon...we may be in your neck of the woods on Saturday.