Monday, April 28, 2008

Want more...

...butterflies. This afternoon found Reed and I, once again, playing in the yard. I spotted the first butterfly of the year and I pointed it out to Reed. Once he saw it, a smile quickly spread across his face. The butterfly left, but then came back in a few minutes so I pointed it out to Reed again. This time when the butterfly left, he started signing for "want" and "more". He loved the butterfly so much he was telling me as best he could that he wanted it to come back! It was just about the cutest thing ever. No pictures of the butterfly moment, but I do have a picture of this rare frog that was recently spotted in Port Orchard.

2 comments:

Marcia Z said...

I love that he's becoming such a great communicator, and interested in the same things that you both love. It's so intense and overwhelming when you see those connections. Makes a momma proud!

The Western Pacific Reed Frog (cuteas canbe) is such a rare find. I'm so glad you finally captured it on film. I expect to see a research paper soon. ;)

Random - Are you going to Keller & YMSB at Marymoor? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we want more. Though, we're ones to talk about more. Looking forward to seeing you guys in July!