Monday, April 21, 2008

What the hail?!

There was snow on the ground when I woke up this morning. #$*%!! Then just a little bit ago we got some hail, followed by a mix of rain and snow. Really?? C'mon Mother Nature, it's April! Can we please have spring now??? (By the way, don't look for any snow in the picture, I took it a few days ago, but I thought the expression on Reed's face was appropriate!)

In non-weather related news, Gerry with some help from my Dad, and of course Reed, is making great progress on our new floor. It is absolutely beautiful!

And on Saturday we went to Ecofest in Kingston and froze our behinds off, but still had fun. And of couse, in honor of Earth Day, did a little tree hugging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Global warming?!?! Sounds more like Ice Age!!
Hope you start getting some warmer weather soon. I can feel the humidity starting to build. The oppressively hot summer will be here soon. :-(

Courtney said...

Just looked at the tree-for-hugging photo again, and it totally looks like Reed is making eyes at the tree...so cute!!

Love,
Court

p.s. speaking of hugging trees, I've hugged several in the last few weeks, and many of the people I was with looked at me funny. They just don't get it!

Courtney said...

Oops, and I forgot this bit, which I meant to leave in response to Sarah's comment--the temps in Ireland have been in the high 70's-low 80's for the last couple of weeks, and in Norway last week it was the same. But there's no such thing as global warming. Total liberal propaganda!!

Anyway, I hope all is well with you guys!!