Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grandpa!

Well, don't get used to the frequent updating I've been doing lately, but lately our life has been full of wonderful moments that I've wanted to share!

We got to have Gerry's dad stay with us a few days this week. It was due to the sudden cancellation of an Alaskan fishing trip, so while we wished it had been under better circumstances, we were thrilled to have him with us for a few days.

Reed happened to be at daycare when Steve arrived. When I went to pick Reed up, I avoided saying that we were going to see Grandpa because I was afraid it would confuse him (my dad only lives 40 minutes away so Reed gets to see that Grandpa much more often that Steve who lives on the other side of the country!) Those of you who've met Reed know that he is not quick to warm up to people, so I was prepared for him to be a little unsure about Grandpa Steve since they haven't seen each for six months. Boy did Reed surprise me! Grandpa and Gerry were waiting on the front sidewalk for us when we got home. I put Reed down and he walked straight past Daddy and asked Grandpa to pick him up!!!! Gerry and I could only imagine that Reed remembered Grandpa from when we visitied in January.

Gerry and Steve took advantage of their time together by working on putting in more of our bamboo flooring (and of course, Reed helped). They made a LOT of progress in our front room which was especially challenging because they had to level out the floor before they could lay down the bamboo. It looks fantastic!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who needs to Alaskan Fish - when you can hug and squeeze Reed!

Grandma Lisa