Thursday, October 16, 2008

Whew!

Midwives have left, everything is cleaned up, and Cammy is now resting in her own bed with baby.

Mary Lou woke me up at about 2:00 saying contractions are going strong, and our doula Bethany and Cammy's dad Darrell were on their her way over. Thinking it was going to be a really long day today, and Mary Lou had it covered , I tried to get a few more few hours of sleep. She woke me up again at 5:00am and said it's time to go. I threw on some clothes, grabbed the birth bag and carseat, and started up the car to get it warmed up.

I came back in to send out the e-mail to everyone letting them know we were on the way, again, thinking we had a long day ahead of us. I hit send, and looked at Cammy and say baby's head crowning. Mary Lou called the paramedics, and Bethany said "Are you ready to catch her?" I said "Yup, let's do this"... seconds later, baby was in my hands. The paramedics showed up a few minutes later, and everythings been great since.

Thank you all for your good energy, your thoughts, and your prayers for helping us all to have the strength to get through this easily.

"It is what it is, what you thought it'd be, it won't be"...

9 comments:

pat said...

My oh my oh my........Congratulations!
And isn't life amazing, unexpected, and thrilling. Mostly happy that baby and Cammy are in great shape and this certainly wasn't a long drawn out birth event!
Much love to all,
Pat

Wholly Mama said...

yea! Congratulations!! I'm so glad things went so well! Welcome to the "baby too fast" club ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!! How beautiful she is! Looks like Gerry needs to update his resume :) Can't believe he delivered a kid, of course Cammy did all the hard work!
Love & Prayers!
Lila & 98L

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Things worked out PERFECT! I am happy for you all~ such a beautiful family..

Love and Light,
Valerie

suitejen said...

Congratulations! So sudden! What a story you'll have to tell her one day. I agree with Lisa, do we have a name?

-Jen

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! What more is there to say. You both did great! Keep the pictures coming.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What an amazing story! We are so happy for you guys!

-Jen, Scott, and Forest

David Kirkbride said...

Unbelieveable! Well done, both of you, Congratulations, and we can't wait to meet her!

Love,

-dave & Sarah

Christel said...

Wow! What a nice quick birth! That's amazing. Congratulations on your new little girl (it's been a while, congrats on Reed too). I just ran across your site off Jen's.

Baby Girl is absolutely beautiful!!!!!