Saturday, October 11, 2008

Big

Big, that's how I'm feeling these days! I'm definitely bigger this time around than I was with Reed (for proof you can go back and visit this post). Other than big, I'm still feeling pretty good! I've been having lots of practice contractions and have been very interested in cleaning my house and preparing meals all of which I take as a sign that it won't be too much longer till Bun makes her debut, but on the other hand, I won't be surprised if we still have a few more weeks to go. We're going to do our best to keep you all updated on my progress once I go into labor. It's kind of cool for me when Gerry reads me all your words of support, so if you'd like to be notified via email when my labor begins, drop us an email, or leave your email in the comments section.

My cousin Ayla came out and visited from New York (state) last week. Reed absolutely LOVED her! He's sometimes slow to warm up to people, but was just enamored with her. So much so, that when we told Reed that Ayla was going home and he wasn't going to see her for a long time, he gave her a hug, which he then refused to end. Literally for minutes he stayed with his head on her shoulder, arms wrapped around her. I tried and tried to think of some way to get him to break off the hug on his own, but I finally just had to take him from her. Kind of sad and sweet at the same time!

And some other cute Reed moments. Reed and I went to dinner with a friend recently and he bumped his head a bit, so I gave him a kiss on his head. He then proceeded to gently bump his head and ask for kisses over and over again! I kept telling him he didn't need to bump himself in order to get kisses, but he seemed to like the game!

And earlier this week, while I was at my last childbirth class, Reed and Gerry were playing in our front room. Suddenly Reed got very excited and shouting, "moon, moon, MOON," ran into our living room and brought his step stool out into the front room. He put his stool by the window and stepped up on it so he could look at the moon! Too cute! He did this again tonight so I got to witness his excitement over seeing the moon. :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about being able to give you all a hug in just a few days! When I made my trip plans-last May, I was SURE Bun would arrive before Grandma does ... it'll be a wonderful blessing when Bun decides its her time to join this wonderful world! Not too much longer!
Love Mom ... see you Thursday Night!

Anonymous said...

yes please! labor alert email to piperem@hotmail.com

cant wait you guys! I will be back to WA Saturday night- not that you have to wait or anything but know I am thinking of you even in southern new england :) Love Em

Marcia Z said...

Baby Watch 2008

marcia.zitzelman@hotmail.com

zitzelmm@evergreen.edu

Don't forget to ask if you need anything at all. I have wheels, and a full tank of gas. :)