Sunday, January 11, 2009

Catch up

It's been a while since I posted so it's time I caught up a little!! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year celebration. We stayed up late enough to celebrate 2009 coming to the east coast time zone and central time zone, but we were in bed by the time 2009 hit the mountain and pacific time zones. Spring did wake me up just after midnight for a little snack; that's as close as I come to staying up late these days!

A few days into 2009 we ventured to Pacific Beach to spend some time with our friends Dave and Sarah and their son, Robbie. The trip proved a little trying with two little ones to take care of, but we had fun all the same and it was great to see our friends! The pictures in my previous post are all from Pacific Beach. Sadly, that was the only picture we took of Spring there. I was behind the camera most of the time and I had her on my chest in the wrap, and that just doesn't make for good pictures.
My new favorite video of Reed came while we were at the beach. Who, but a northwest native toddler would be so excited about razor clam digging. Reed went on his first razor clam dig when he was only a few months old, so I guess it's in his blood!

What's the only thing harder than getting a good picture of an active toddler? Getting a picture of two active toddlers! The boys had tons of fun jumping on the beds together. :-)
"Here Robbie, if you're going to sleep, you need all the stuffed animals!"

And while we were in Pacific Beach, Reed finally cut one of his bottom eye teeth! It's a tooth that, according to the charts I found, is supposed to come in when a baby is 7 months old... Reed starting teething late, but jeez, this tooth was a year and a half late!! I was starting to think it might not be there at all!

And here are some more recent pictures.

Spring, enjoying naked baby time (and yes, we sing the naked baby time song for her!)
I know the picture is a bit dark, but here's Spring, standing (supporting most of her weight) on Daddy's chest.
Here's one of Reed's late arrival presents and perhaps his favorite. It's a ukulele, or as Reed calls it, a bitar (like guitar).

All the really cool firemen wear their hat backwards like this!

2 comments:

Luke said...

good to see you have Reed out there foraging. Nice hat(s). Happy to see you are getting out of the house, we got out for a hike, out of town, which is a biggie for us.

Anonymous said...

Dig that crazy MO-MO Shirt!!