Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling hopeful and proud

I don't tend to talk politics much on this blog, but most of you that know us, know how we lean politically. I just wanted to say that for the first time in what feels like a long time, I am optimistic about the future of our country! Even if Obama can only live up to half of what people expect from him, he'll still be a great president. Today, I feel a bit less fear when I think about the country and environment that my children will inherit.

I really wish we could have been in DC today, but it really wouldn't have been feasible. It would have been so amazing to get to witness such an historical event. I can imagine the mood in the city was absolutely electric. I'm consoling myself that we at least we got a chance to see Obama when he was in Seattle. Even Spring was there, though we didn't know it yet!

Taken on November 4th after most of the voting had ended and an Obama victory looked definite. Maybe not the best pics, but we wanted to capture the moment!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We talked a little bit about this in my class tonight... If you had been in D.C., you would have experienced the event as a part of that community, but way at the back of the Washington Mall, you would have actually witnessed very little. I think 'tis better to have watched it in your living room.

Anonymous said...

I personally feel energized with his inguaration speech. I watched most of the day and the parade on CSPAN. His energizing comment to pick ourselfs up, dust off, and do what we as Americans do ... has a profound affect on me. I will DO better, not only for me but for my country.
Grandma Lisa

Luke said...

Well, I am hopeful as well, but skeptical. Guess I'm just a bit Jaded by politicians no matter how good their rhetoric is.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gerrycammy said...

anonymous,
Brave enough to leave you name eh?

Yet another conservative keyboard commando...

-closed guantanomo
-ended torture
-bombed pakistan in pursuit of Al Queda
-restored habeus corpus
-passed the most restrictive ethics rules in the executive branch history
-brought the executive branch into the 21st century with technology
-restored America's commiment to saving womens life worldwide
-has become a serious pain in Al queda's butt, because the muslim world now views Obama more positivly than Bin Laden.
-Defended states right by asking the EPA to reconsider california's request for a waiver, so they can impose more stringent MPG standards on cars.


Yes, that is change you can believe in, and he hasn't even been at it a full week yet.

-Gerry

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gerrycammy said...

This is a blog about my family and I was talking about the change in administration as it relates to my feelings about my family. In the future, I ask that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. -Cammy